Friday 21 February 2014

Being Consciously alert of the Grave

        Its my friend's birthday today and it would also have been my grand father's birthday, had He been alive. My consolation is that He lived a good life and if I am to judge by his way of life, I believe He must be in Heaven. My friend's birthday and grandpa's death enlightened me and opened my eyes to a world of reality. "THE MORE DAYS WE SEE, THE CLOSER WE ARE TO OUR GRAVE"
This raises very vital questions of:
1) How much have you influenced your enviroment? Are you a blessing, a curse or a confused element in your generation.
2) If you die someday, are you certain of being in Heavenly places and be felt by the world or are you just another contribution to the earth, trees and grasses .......Asa's words "slightly altered"
       There are some people who we can without ambiguity, testify that they impacted their enviroment. People like "Martin Luther King JNR, Nelson Mandela, The fallen heroes (soldiers of war), M.K.O Abiola, Fela Anikulapo Kuti etc.
       The message of impacting our enviroment is easier preached than practiced. I wish to impact my enviroment. However, I don't seem to have enough resources, so does a lot of people. The fear of the unknown is also a factor. Interestingly, this is where the question of bravery comes in. If I am asked, I will say that bravery does not necessarily mean going into a den of lions per say. It can also mean standing for what is right when everyone has developed a cullture of what is not.
         Civilisation is getting more pronounced by the day while new technological devices and inventions are coming into view. Sadly, the people seem to be getting more unwise and having a lack of ability to discern and prioritise on what matters and what does not. The mediums which would have been used to make a great positive change in our world are ironically the instruments used to destroy the world subtly.
         Sexual perversion has become the order of the day and we seldom come accross insirational pieces of information. Rather, we spend our most valuable asset (OUR TIME) meddling with irrelevant things and indulging in unprofitable acts. I am also guilty of these acts. I find myself struggling with inspirational pieces and subconsciously spend my time on irrelevant and unproductive things. Thank God for wisdom and his grace upon our lives, I can say that maturity is setting in gradually and some silly things are being dropped along the way.
Life is a journey, No one knows when it will end ..... Life is also a market, We all come in to trade and leave. No one stays in the market forever.
          It is important to know that, one's influence could either be positive or negative. Every little act counts. A drop makes an ocean. Every act of negligence on our part builds up to become an ocean of disarray which eventually drowns the innocent people.
         Be a positive influence in your family, society and enviroment at large. So that your life can be regarded as a life well spent. It is also an investment in your future. The good works of a man, follows him and even flows to his decendants. How wonderful is the thought of you being the reason why your great grandchildren are stil given jobs and contracts in places of authority? I think I love the thought.
         I hope I piqued your interest and inspired you in a minute way at the least. Till our next write up, have a splendid life.
xoxo
Jaymaimah



No comments:

Post a Comment