Monday 17 February 2014

Romance in the same Organisation

       Since time immemorial, there has always been conflicting ideologies relating to if romance in the same environment should be accepted or shunned. However its important that we note the merits and demerits of both schools of thought.
       For the school of thought that supports the same zone romance, the driving or attracting force behind it are as follows:
* Seeing the person a lot and the easy access to stolen intimacies like cuddles, kisses and intimate spanks or fondling in coded corners or opportune spots.
* Being able to confide in such person at the quickest time possible.
 *Hanging out after work without the worry of how to hook up.
* Easy monitoring of each others movement (I honestly am not cool with this but the possessive ones will be)
* Marriage, if Heaven, Pregnancy or luck shines on you.
 Be that as it may, there are some major DEMERITS which are as follows:
* Constant distraction
* Excessive encroachment on each others privacy and territory which mostly leads to what can be regarded as " The law of see finish"
* Fights resulting from jealousy and wild thoughts running through ones mind when the other party is gisting and getting too relaxed or friendly with a colleague or neighbour who happens to be the opposite sex.
* Partiality and elements of bias in dealing with the romance partner as opposed to others.
* The presence of a tense atmosphere when fights and disagreements occur hence causing a friction in each others part and probably spoiling each others mood for the day.
       From experience, I don't think its the best, if you do not intend to be serious or committed to it. Flings are better off from a distance. No strings attached and no holds barred. During one of my internship program, I remember having a mad crush on this senior colleague, thank God I never pursued it, a part of me just knew it was not good for me, particularly after I could fully sense that He was only going to get me laid and nothing more. Guess what? He is getting married to another colleague in that same organisation. Am so happy for him and I am happier that I did not gulk myself and give in to a mere physical attraction that would have affected my pride terribly. Regardless of me being a self controlled and emotionally stable lady, I have my short comings and my mumu button. Even the strongest man in the bible (Samson) had his mumu switch controlled by Delilah.
       There is also the need for privacy. In as much as I give you a sizeable gist about my experience, I make sure to structure my words, so as to avoid any form of scandal. Be rest assured, that all my gists are true and factual. I cant imagine having to run things with someone I am likely to see for a very long time or has a link with my zone. News travel fast and they are likely to be restructured so as to make the gist sweet. Its easier to deal with your mess up, when its just you or a few people in the know, than when the whole hood knows your dirty little secrets.
       I do not expect you to agree fully with me, thats why I look forward to your comments. Please remember, we can bare our minds without being insultive or disrespectful about it. Till our next talk, have a splendid life.
                                                                                                                      xoxo
                                                                                                                      Jemima



No comments:

Post a Comment