Monday 17 February 2014

MY BATTLE BETWEEN MATURITY AND BEING A MAN SNATCHER

         Sometimes, it amazes me of how much i have grown to be what I am today, I have been blessed to experience very important and significant situations that can either make you or break you.
This has ranged from moving up and down the ladder of comfort and poverty, peer pressure, emotional games and having a relationship with God. Presently, am in between a web where this guy who is engaged, is contemplating running things with me at the expense of his soon to be marriage.
         Ofcourse, i won't allow him miss out on the goodies, marriage has to offer him. Not after all that I have been gisted by my friend that his woman is such a sweetheart. Ahmean, I am a lady that has a conscience. Before I get carried away, let me take you to where it all began.
         On this fateful day, I slept over at my girlfriend's house with the intention of spending the weekend and this dude happens to be her flat mate. On getting into the compound and seeing him by the gate man's house, the first thing that registered on me was his look. He is not the show stopping type but at least he was easy on the eye. Amusingly, my girlfriend and the guy were not talking, so it seemed weird anytime we jammed and I greeted him, with him responding warmly while at the same time not sparing my friend a glance, talkless of a second one.  
           As a Christian who is very proud of having a splendid and growing relationship with God, I knew I had to do do something about the tense atmosphere in that house. They shared the same kitchen for Chrissake, where they not scared of one person putting indo-cid (rat poison) inside each other's food out of share hatred? I had my chance when my friend went out and it was only me in the house with the dude. For the record, I already sensed the physical attraction on his part, it permeated through him to me like the scent of a werewolf to a vampire(winks). It motivated me to seize the moment since He always jumped at every greeting with a hope of more conversation. Luckily, my friend was not coming home any time soon, so I sat him down in the parlor and talked for olympics that night. I suceeded in getting him to talk to me and open up well. He promised to make amends and that was a good start. I spoke to my friend also and She also promised to do the same. As a peace maker, I went to my cute apartment, feeling proud of myself. Unknown to me, I had struck a cord.
          The next time I came around, the atmosphere was serene, they had been able to overcome whatever reservations they had for each other. The dude and I became really good chat pals. My girlfriend was amazed at how fast we clicked, She had lived with him for a while and she incessantly reminded me of how She had never seen him come out of his tightly fenced world. He is a first class introvert. She was happy for him, so also where the few people who knew him. They liked this friendly and playful part of him more. What they did not know is that, this dude had already started confusing mere physical attraction and play chemistry with something deep. I remember him asking me if I would stand by him if he made any rash decision. As a sharp babe, I knew what was in his head, I had been there before and done that. If my memory serves me well, it wasnt good for me. I got hurt since I got carried away somewhere in the game. This was not going to happen again, once beaten, 72 million times sharp.
         I have noticed that he never likes to talk about his woman and I respected that, However, I made my findings on the basic thing and I came to the conclusion that it was not fair on the lady. I currently don't have any serious relationship and for some weird reason, I have not been able to keep any for as long as 3 months. I even spent this last Vals with this same girlfriend. She is engaged so don't think I was flexing with a fellow bobo less babe. I seem to be in a phase where am being hit by my singleness but luckily for me, there is a stronger force pushing me and occupying my mind (MONEY). I have got money on my mind and so the determination to become wealthy in a legit manner fuels my husstle more than the realisation that i dont have my own man. Its not like i do not have fans, every girl has a toaster, whether its for a good reason or not.
        I gisted another friend about the whole eesh and She happens to be a hopeless romantic so she is asking me to relax and go with the flow. She said " How are you not sure God sent you to come and save this guy". As for me, I won't be the reason for another woman's unhappiness. I am single not desperate. I have parked my things and left the babe's house today ooo. I don't want to form James Bond and complicate issues. If He wants to leave his woman, it must not be because of me. Thank God he does not have my number or know where I live. Am sure whatever attraction I had had was out of sheer admiration and not with the intention of getting deep with him, However, I am human. Every lady wants a man to call her own and since I happen to be unattached at the  moment, I might just start to mistake loneliness and a temporary companionship for something else, hence complicating matters for all involved.
        I am open to your opinions and comments, Please bare your minds on this issue, it might just help me or someone in a similar positon but abeg, no insults, We can all communicate our minds maturely. I will be more frequent on my blog, to enable us relate well. I honestly need to even pimp my page up sef. Till our next gist, have a splendid life.
                                                                                                                                  xoxo
                                                                                                                                  Jemima
       

No comments:

Post a Comment